5 Easy and Effective Ways to Improve Your Golf Game
Working on your golf game does not have to be complicated in order to be effective. If you want to significantly improve your game and golf abilities, there are several things you can do from the comfort of your own home or when you’re on the go that will give you the progress you are looking for. Here are 5 easy and effective ways to improve your golf game.
- Work on your grip. Your grip is the one connection between the ball and your body, so it is important to focus on this seemingly simple, but surprisingly important detail. You can purchase different grip accessories such as a training grip or a form-fitting grip at any golf pro shop. Once you have chosen your grip, begin to get used to it by holding it frequently so your hands can adjust and begin to feel the proper grip alignment. The more you practice this proper grip, the quicker your hands will develop muscle memory so that your grip is accurate each and every time you pick up a club.
- Another good habit to get into to improve your golf game is hand exercises. Strengthening the muscles in your hands can have a drastic impact on your game once you hit the green. You can purchase an exercise device such as a spring-loaded grip-strengthening device, or you can use simple, household items. A great way to strengthen these muscles in your hands is to lie out a dishtowel flat on the counter. Then, use your hands to grab and crumple the rag up nice and tight, squeezing the muscles in your hands so you are able to work all of the tiny muscles present.
- Develop core and strength, flexibility, and balance. You can easily do all of this by using an exercise ball. Start by simply sitting on the ball, allowing you to activate your core and stabilize, helping you to find your balance. To develop flexibility, lie on the ball. This allows your back to enter an extension position as opposed to a flexion position, which most people experience all day when hunching over at a desk or computer keyboard.
- Strengthen your muscles of the back and shoulders to improve your swing. If you don’t work on your shoulder muscles enough, specifically the rotator cuff muscles, you may risk injury during your golf game. The best way to stretch and strengthen your shoulder and back muscles is by using therapeutic fitness bands. These bands allow you to work muscles in a more authentic and fluid motion that most gym equipment cannot do.
- Finally, you can work on your swing even when you can’t make it to the golf course. There are several products on the market such as the Speed Whoosh that can help you to significantly improve the speed of your golf swing. This piece of equipment is an antennae-like object that can be swung faster than a club. Swing it about 12 times a day on days when you cannot golf. With time, you will come back to your golf club and be able to swing several miles per hour faster than ever before.
Implementing these easy tips to improve your golf game off the course will make a huge difference in the quality of your golf game. Whether you have basic clubs or a clubs with Fujikura golf shafts, your game will be enhanced significantly no matter your equipment or skill level. Be sure to focus on your grip, strengthen your hand muscles, focus on core strength and balance, strengthen your back and shoulder muscles, and be sure to work on your swing for a transformative golf practice.